Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Color has a deprecated constructor in /home/bcph911/public_html/Dec-2017/templates/dream/features/color.php on line 11
Districts

Baltimore Police Districts

The Baltimore Police Department uses "Districts", where many departments use "Precincts". Our Districts are numbered 1, thru 9, starting with Central District (#1) then going to Southeast District (#2), and continuing counter clockwise around the city to Eastern (#3), Northeast (#4), Northern (#5), Northwestern (#6), Western (#7), Southwestern (#8) and Southern (#9). Their phone numbers by-the-way use corresponding numbers, CD being 396-2411, SE 396-2422, ED 396-2433, NE 396-2444, ND 396-2455, NW 396-2466, WD 396-2477 SW 396-2488 and SD 396-2499. Reports also go by these numbers, all Central District reports start with the number 1 followed by a letter indicating the month 1 thru 12 or A thru L for Jan thru Dec, and then the number sequentially of the report so the first report in Central District would be 1A0001, and so on, making it easy to file, and find reports based on District and Date of occurrence.

The following are links to the district pages on this site

 

1. Central

1826 -  Central/Middle District History - 03-09-1826  Central District was first known as the Middle District and was first located at Holiday and Saratoga Streets, it was established on 03-09-1826, the building that housed Central was built in 1802 and was in use by the police until 1870. From there they moved to 202 N. Guilford Avenue, (North Street) that building was brand new built in 1870 and used until 1908. On March 4 1908 Central moved to Saratoga and St. Paul Streets, a renovated school house. That location was used until 09-12-1926 when they went to Fallsway and Fayette St. sharing the Headquarters building built in 1926 and used until 09-12-1977 when they moved to 500 E. Baltimore St.

1. Central District
500 East Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD  21201
(410) 396-2411                 Fax (410) 396-2171
Neighborhood Service      (410) 727-5480
Commanding Officer (410) 396-2410


2. Southeast

1958/59 - Southeastern District History - 1958/59 - The Southeastern District is the youngest of all of our districts, it was first built in 1958/59 at it's present location of 5710 Eastern Ave

2. Southeastern District
5710 Eastern Avenue, Baltimore, MD  21224
(410) 396-2422                 Fax (410) 396-2172
Neighborhood Service      (410) 637-8848
Commanding Officer (410) 396-2420

3. Eastern

1826 - Eastern District History - 03-09-1826 - The Eastern District was first located at 1621 Bank Street a building that was built around 1822, and still stands to this day. It remained at the Bank Street location until the summer of 1959, when the station was moved to the old Northeastern station at Ashland and Chew St. (Durham) in the Summer of 1959 where they stayed until 1960. In December 1960 they moved to their current location at 1620 Edison Highway.

3. Eastern District
1620 Edison Highway, Baltimore, MD 21213
(410) 396-2433                 Fax (410) 396-2171
Neighborhood Service      (410) 396- 2433
Commanding Officer (410) 396-2430


4. Northeast
1874 - Northeasten District History - 1874 - The Northeastern Distirct was first opened at Ashland and Chew Streets (Durham) in 1874 where it remained until 1958/9 when they moved to their present district at 1900 Argonne Drive. 

4. Northeastern District
1900 Argonne Drive, Baltimore, MD 21218
(410) 396-2444                 Fax (410) 396-2174
Neighborhood Service      (410) 396-2444
Commanding Officer (410) 396-2440


5. Northern

1900 - Northern District History -  1900 The Northern District was first opened at Keswick and 34th Street (Cedar & Second Streets) on 1 Feb 1900 at 8am ran by Capt. Gittings, Lieutenants Henry and Dempsey; Round Sergeants will be, Warden for Day Duty, and Moxley for Night Duty. At the time they began with 50 officers. It remained at the Keswick location until 2001 when it moved to it's current location at 2201 W Coldspring Lane.

5. Northern District
2201 West Cold Spring Lane, Baltimore, MD 21215
(410) 396-2455                 Fax (410) 367-8492
Neighborhood Service      (410) 367-8491
Commanding Officer (410) 396-2454


6. Northwest

1874 - Northwestern District History - 1874 - The Northwestern District was first opened at Pennsylvania Ave and Lambert Street in 1874 where it remained until 1958/9 when they moved to their present district on Reisterstown Rd. 

6. Northwestern District
5271 Reisterstown Road, Baltimore, MD 21215
(410) 396-2466                 Fax (410) 396-2176
Neighborhood Service      (410) 396-2466
Commanding Officer (410) 396-2464


7. Western

1826 - Western District History - The Western District was first located at Green St between Baltimore St, and Belvidere St. Used from 1826 until 1876 when they moved to their new location, Pine Street, (still stands to day and is used by the Maryland University Police) Baltimore Police used it from 1876 until 1958/9 when they built their new station house at 1034 N Mount St, which is the current site on the Western District. 

7. Western District
1034 North Mount Street, Baltimore, MD 21217
(410) 396-2477                 Fax (410) 396-2177
Neighborhood Service      (410) 396-2477
Commanding Officer (410) 396-2474


8. Southwest

1884 - Southwestern District History - 17 July 1884  The Southwestern District was first opened at Calhoun and Pratt Streets (200 S Calhoun St) where it remained until 11 July 1958 when they moved to their present location at 424 Font  Hill Ave.

8. Southwestern District
424 Font Hill Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21223
(410) 396-2488                 Fax (410) 396-2178
Neighborhood Service      (410) 362-8226
Commanding Officer (410) 396-2494


9. Southern 

1845 - Southern District History - The Southern District was first located at Montgomery and Sharp Streets, where it sat from 1845 until 1896 when they moved to Ostend Street. Ostend Street and Patapsco Street, remained in use from 1896 until 1985/86, when it moved to 10 Cherry Hill Road where it remains in use to present.

9. Southern District
10 Cherry Hill Road, Baltimore, MD 21225
(410) 396-2499                 Fax (410) 396-2179
Neighborhood Service      (410) 396-2499
Commanding Officer (410) 396-2410

 Devider color with motto

Each of our Districts have a rich history in the number of sacrifices made by our police for the citizens of Baltimore. Throughout this site you will find some amazing stories of the men and women that have served this city. If you know anyone that has, you should thank them for their service. Anyone with information, photographs, memorabilia, or other "Baltimore City Police" items can contact Ret. Det. Kenny Driscoll at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. follow us on Twitter @BaltoPoliceHist or like us on Facebook by clicking HERE pics can be mailed to Baltimore City Police History - 8138 Dundalk Ave. Baltimore Md. 21222

Wanted

Copies of: Your Baltimore Police Department Class Photo, Pictures of our Officers, Vehicles, Equipment, Newspaper Articles relating to our department and or officers, Old Departmental Newsletters, Lookouts, Wanted Posters, and or Brochures. Information on Retired or Deceased Officers and anything that may help us to Preserve the History and Proud Traditions of this agency.
Fields marked with * are required
Upload file... Number of files left: 3

Files:

    User Login Form